Rolls-Royce has delivered an historic annual sales record in 2019, with a global performance unequalled in the company’s 116-year history.
A total of 5,152 cars were delivered to customers in over 50 countries around the world, an increase of 25% on the previous high set in 2018.
Commenting on the results, Torsten Müller-Ötvös, CEO, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, said: “This performance is of an altogether different magnitude to any previous year’s sales success. We are pleased and proud to have delivered growth of 25% in 2019. Worldwide demand last year for our Cullinan SUV has driven this success and is expected to stabilise in 2020.”
Key facts for Rolls-Royce in 2019
- Annual sales of 5,152 are the highest in the marque’s 116-year history
- Sales reflect growth of 25% on 2018’s previous record of 4,107
- Significant sales growth recorded in all regions worldwide
- Cullinan, the brand’s new SUV, makes major contribution to sales growth
- Black Badge continues to enjoy strong demand, particularly amongst younger clients
- Strong demand for Phantom, Wraith, Dawn and Ghost (in its final year of production)
- Spectacular Bespoke commissions and Collection Cars reaffirm Rolls-Royce’s status as the world’s foremost manufacturer of luxury products
- Significant new investment in manufacturing plant at the Home of Rolls-Royce at Goodwood
- 50 new jobs created to meet expanded global demand
- Record number of Apprenticeship Programme recruits in 2019